Chisholm Institute, Australia
We are one of premier public vocational education and training provider in the State of Victoria, prominently placed across south eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Our main campus is located in a suburb name Dandenong which is home for many thousands of Sri Lankans.
We pride ourselves on our record of providing quality education and training that leads to career outcomes. Learning with us means that students earn a qualification that is recognised by employers across Australia and globally. Our goal has always been to provide education that can directly enhance student’s employment opportunities in the workforce.
We are a government-owned TAFE institute (Technical and Further Education) that offers over 250 certificate, diploma, advanced diploma, bachelor and graduate certificate courses, with each course carefully structured to ensure that all of our graduates finish with the skills needed to further their career aspirations. We are a safe investment for student’s future.
- Chisholm Institute is a Australian government-owned TAFE Institute
- Number of students: 41,000+ in 2019, with students coming from over 160 countries
- Number of staff: 1,800+
- Eight campuses across Melbourne
- Discipline clusters: Art and Design, Automotive, Building Trades, Business, Community Services, Information Technology, Engineering, Electrotechnology, Electronics and Communications, Early Childhood Education, Health, Hair and Beauty, Horticulture, Hospitality, Sports and Fitness
- International student data: more than 500 onshore international students were enrolled for 2019.
Chisholm Advantage in Sri Lanka
- Opportunity to obtain a globally recognised vocational qualification in Sri Lanka just within two years for a faction of cost
- Many practical and hands-on skills training in an environment similar to industry, using similar equipment and workshop settings
- Opportunity to have industry placement as part of your course
- Opportunity to start a professional career in vocational trade anywhere in the world
- Opportunity to pathway to Australia for a university degree program and have both vocational and academic qualifications to support your future
- Entry in to a program with a one pass in GCE (A/L) or completion of CINEC foundation program
- Opportunity to enhance your English language and interpersonal skills through undertaking CINEC compulsory ELICOS program
Globally there is a very high demand for professionals with recognised vocational skills. This is mainly due to vocational skill shortage which exist in many of the major economies such as Japan, Middle East, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Therefore, a person qualified with an internationally recognised vocational qualification has a very high prospect of finding jobs in a global setting and advance their professional career.
With a Chisholm qualification, we equip you with all necessary industry skills and competencies alongside with English language skills. This will provide you the required confidence to start your professional journey anywhere in the world.
Programmes Offered at CINEC