Ship Handling And Maneuvering – Management Level
This course is designed and presented for Masters and Mates who wish to practice or enhance their ship handling skills. It covers the mandatory minimum requirements as set out Reg.
II/2 & II/3 Para.5 & 6, Sec. A-II/2 & A-II/3 Para.7, Table A-II/2 & A-II/3of STCW ’78 as amended.Trainees who successfully complete the course will have a comprehensive understanding of how to effectively maintain control of a ship when maneuverings to avoid other vessels, maneuvering in confined waters, berthing, anchoring and in emergencies at Operational Level.
Made mandatory by National Administration as a result of benchmarking and enhancing seafarer competency and confidence.
Course Intake Limitations :
- Class room size – maximum 18 seats – lecture rooms / workshops / laboratories
- Learner / trainer ratio – Lectures – 18:1, Practical – 9:1
Minimum Qualification : The lecturer/instructor would hold a Certificate of Competency as Master (Unlimited) with 2 years sailing experience as master or experience as a pilot.
- Head of Dept. of Marine Simulation
- Lecturers/Instructors-Dept. of Marine Simulation
Course Commencement Dates
This course is open to deck officers and other seafarers having knowledge in
- Radar & ARPA
- COLREGS and Watchkeeping experience at Management level