Bridge and Engine Resource Management Course (BERM)
Bridge and Engine Resource Management Course is based on the IMO STCW ’78 Convention and amendments to STCW Code in 2010. This course has been approved by the ministry of ports and highways under approval No BERM/57/2013/001The programme has been developed in compliance with the STCW 78 Convention as amended in 2010(Reg. II/2 , II/3 Para. 5 & 6, III/2 & III/3, Sec. A-II/2, A-II/3 Para. 7, A-III/2 & A-III/3, Table A-II/2, A-II/3 & A-III/2), Directive 2008/106/ЕU, IMO Model course 2.07- 2002 edition and the national standard for this training.
The objective of the course is to provide members of ships Bridge & Engine room team opportunities to review and participate in the skills and knowledge required to effectively utilized their human resources and equipment in order to safely and successfully operate their vessels at sea and in restricted waters.
The purpose of this course is to provide the participant with necessary knowledge in managing efficiently the resources available to him as a Master, Chief Engineer and Management level Officer/Engineer.
Course Intake Limitations
- Lectures: Classroom size – maximum 25 seats – Lecture rooms / Workshops / Laboratories
- Engine Simulator training: Classroom size – maximum 12 students in Network class & 3students in Full Mission Learner/ Trainer Ratio – 15:1
Master Mariners and Class 1 Marine Engineer preferably who had undergone simulator instructor training conducted by IMO
Certified Marine Engineer (Trained under Simulator Lecturer), Deck officer, Yoga Guru (professional)
- Dean of Faculty of Marine Engineering
- Dean – faculty of marine sciences
- HOD – department of marine simulation
- DHOD – department of marine simulation
Course Commencement Dates
05 days (Commencing from 09.00 hrs to 16.00 hrs)
This course is open for students of following Categories.
* Those who wish to enhance their knowledge should already be in the Marine Engineering field or from a seafaring background. Their experience and qualifications will be assessed by HoDMS and their Enrolment will be at the discretion of the HoDMS.
** Those who wish to appear for Marine Chief Engineer (COC Class1) Examination,